Sunday 25 August 2013

Random sketching - Sketch Painter for iPad

As an illustrator, I'm always on the lookout for nice illustrating programs.

But today I tried drawing with Sketch Painter.

I use the free version, so it's limited to 3 brush strokes. However I think this is good enough to make a nice decent sketch. I especially love the short little strokes on the third column of brushes (as you can see below), because I can draw leaves of a tree with that. It makes my tree drawing look very realistic...like like!


I also like the fact that you can control the radius, pressure and opacity of the strokes. In Bamboo Paper, the drawing tool has fixed properties so you can only choose between the given options. However, Sketch Painter is mainly for sketching so I wouldn't use it to color my drawings...although it is possible, if you want to.

Alright, that's all for now. Next random sketching post will be about Brushes app.


No comments:

Post a Comment